Ivanka Trump has been dismissed by the New York Attorney General from fraud charges against her father.

NEW YORK (AP) — A New York appeals court on Tuesday dismissed Ivanka Trump from a broad fraud suit brought against her father and his company by the state’s attorney general last year.

The civil suit, filed by New York Attorney General Letitia James, accuses former President Donald Trump of pocketing billions of dollars in wealth and misleading banks, insurance companies and other assets about the value of his properties, including golf courses and Mar-A. – Property of Lago. He named his three eldest children — Ivanka, Donald Jr. and Eric Trump — as defendants along with several Trump Organization executives.

In a ruling Tuesday, the Appellate Division of the New York Supreme Court dismissed the claims against Ivanka Trump, ruling they were barred by the state’s statute of limitations. In the year While claims of wrongdoing after February 2016 were allowed, the court said Ivanka Trump had disassociated herself from involvement with the Trump Organization and had not been charged with any misconduct in the latter period.

The panel left it up to a lower court judge to decide whether other parts of the lawsuit would be barred by the state’s statute of limitations.

A representative for Ivanka Trump did not immediately respond to a request for comment. James’ office said in a statement that it plans to pursue the case.

The charges are the result of a three-year investigation into Trump and his business by Democrat James.

The indictments detail dozens of alleged frauds in annual financial statements that Trump provides to banks, business partners and financial journals as proof of his wealth as he seeks loans and deals.

Trump has dismissed the investigation as “politically motivated witchcraft.”

In court papers, Ivanka Trump’s attorneys said the lawsuit “does not allege that Mrs. Trump directly or indirectly created, prepared, reviewed, or audited her father’s financial statements.”

The attorney general’s office is seeking $250 million in fines and a ban on Trump and his family from doing business in New York. The case is set to go to trial in October.

By W_Manga

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *